Tuesday, September 9, 2014

9/9/2014



9/9/2014
Where were you on 9/11/2001? At the time, did you know what was happening in America? Write about your dominant memories of the events of that day.

I was in elementary school. Grove Park elementary to be exact. We were outside playing. All the teachers on break for student recess were crowding around the television. On teacher had exclaimed to another that had just walked in about an accidental plain crash. About minutes into the math portion of our class, teachers were claiming that school was being let out early and that we were going home. At the time I hadn't realized what was going on. Being a kid I was happy to be leaving school early. I didn't realize that a state of emergency had just been declared and that we were under attack. It was only years later that I would begin to appreciate the significance of that day. As a child I remember being confused and utterly unaware of what was happening. As and adult I am now able to understand the gravity of the situation that was unfolding in front of my young eyes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment