Tuesday, September 2, 2014

8/26/2014
Why did you choose Lycoming College and what were your other choices? What is your major and why did you choose it? What do you hope to accomplish with your degree once you graduate?


I chose lycoming college because it was a small college rather than a large university. It actually started with my grandfather telling me a story about his first year at Cornell. He had been granted admission to study engineering, but after a semester had decided he wanted to study biology. Unfortunately he was enrolled in the College of Engineering and needed to reapply to the College of Science and Letters.Because the university is a collection of colleges he needed to apply to a different college at the university. Even more unfortunately he was born before the internet. So the application took a week to submit. Sadly it didn’t take a week for the College of Sciences and Letters to say no. The day after his application was submitted he was denied. That was his parable to me when choosing where to go to school. Based on his experience I chose a small school .
My major is Economics. I chose it because I have always been curious as to why people chose to make the choices they do and Economics is a very behavioral science. Its a very interesting experience to watch factors that are  causally related effect people in their day to day life. I plan to work in financial service upon graduation before going back to get an M.S. in Economics and help oversee urban problem solving for the U.S. government and/or help write economic policy for developing countries in the third world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment