Tuesday, October 14, 2014

10/14/2014

Write about a private moment you’ve experienced in a distant place. Perhaps a solitary walk along a beach or an elegant dinner at a restaurant far from home. Your goal, first, is to transport yourself back to this moment, then put the reader there. Tell us what you see, what you smell and hear, what you feel.


Once I was eating in a restaurant by myself trying to avoid responsibility and other people. It was raining, as it often does in Williamsport. As I waited for my order I split time between looking at my phone and looking out a window. The rain prevented anything from being seen inside the restaurant, but for some reason I was transfixed on the window. I hate Williamsport, I hate its weather, and I hate having to stay here for extended periods of time to earn a piece of paper that says that I'm qualified to work for minimum wage. This day was different all of that hatred seemed to be absent and Williamsport became more likable.

No comments:

Post a Comment